Sensex and Nifty closed in the green on Wednesday with marginal gains. The benchmark index Sensex posted gains of 0.14 per cent to close at 66,023.24 while Nifty closed above 19,811.85. Both the indices had a rollercoaster day, swinging from losses to gains at the time of closing.
Talking about the performance of markets, Siddhartha Khemka, Head of Retail Research at Motilal Oswal Financial Services Ltd, said, "Market is likely to remain lacklustre and consolidate in a range in the absence of any major events, and start of holiday season."
US markets closed in the green with Nasdaq posting gains of 0.46 per cent. US 10 year government bond yields rose marginally to 4.41 per cent while Oil prices saw a decline of 1 per cent to $81.65.
Here are the stocks to watch out for in today's session:
1) Honasa: Mamaearth's parent posted a 93 per cent rise in its consolidated net profit at Rs 29 crore in Q2 FY24. Company's stocks had declined by 4.95 per cent in the last trading session to close at Rs 349 on Wednesday.
2) Adani Green Energy: The Adani Group company has been slapped with a fine of Rs 11.22 lakh by NSE and BSE over non-compliance with certain listing requirements. Its shares declined by 1.58 per cent to close at Rs 912 on Wednesday.
3) InterGlobe Aviation: Indigo's parent entity has received a tax notice of Rs 1,666 crore. The company is going to appeal the demand in courts. The company's shares closed at Rs 2,602 on Wednesday, a decline of 0.91 per cent from its previous close.
4) TVS Motor: The company has announced its entry into Vietnam's two wheeler market. Its shares closed in the green at Rs 1,740 after gaining 0.89 per cent on Wednesday.
5) Power Grid Corporation of India: The state-owned firm announced the confirmation of two projects worth Rs 142 crore and Rs 224 crore. Its shares closed at Rs 211 on Wednesday after gaining 1.08 per cent.