Benchmark indices Sensex and Nifty closed on a positive note after a solid muruhat trading session on Sunday. Sensex posted gains of over 350 points while Nifty ended 100 points higher. On the back of strong performance during muruhat session, the markets would await the CPI and WPI inflation data which are expected to be out this week.
Meanwhile, foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) continue to be net sellers in the November. As per available data, FPIs have withdrawn around Rs 5,800 crore this month so far. Talking about the outlook for markets in the week ahead, Vinod Nair, Head of Research at Geojit Financial Services, said, “Week ahead, focus will be on inflation data US and India, India's October inflation is expected to ease to 4.8 from 5 per cent, while US inflation is expected to remain steady.”
GIFT Nifty posted gains of 22 points in the early morning session. Ahead of markets' opening, here are the stocks to watch out for on 13 November:
1) Coal India: Coal India released its Q2 results on Friday in which the company reported 12 per cent rise in profit to Rs 6,813 crore. The company’s share closed at Rs 331.80, rising by 2.6 per cent after the special trading session on Sunday. It also declared dividend of Rs 15.25 per share for which the record date has been set at 21 November.
2) ONGC: Consolidated net profit of ONGC surged by over 142 per cent to Rs 16,533 crore. The company has declared dividend of Rs 5.25 per equity share of face value Rs 5. Record date has been set at 21 November. The shares of the company closed at Rs 196.70, up 0.41 per cent in the last session.
3) Usha Martin: The company announced the incorporation of stepdown JV firm in Saudi Arabia on Saturday. In the last session, its shares posted gains of 1.88 per cent to close at Rs 316.50.
4) LIC: The life insurer reported a 50 per cent fall in net profit on Friday. The shares of the company closed 0.37 per cent lower in the last trading session at Rs 608.
5) Eicher Motors: The Royal Enfield maker’s consolidated net profit rose 55 per cent to Rs 1,016 in the previous quarter. Its shares rose 0.98 per cent to close at Rs 3,575.30 on Sunday.