Wahter Raises Rs 5 Crore in Pre-Seed Funding at Rs 52 Crore Valuation 

With this funding, Wahter aims to expand its distribution network, optimize its production processes, and further innovate its advertising-driven revenue model.
Wahter Raises Rs 5 Crore in Pre-Seed Funding at Rs 52 Crore Valuation 

Wahter, an advertising and packaged drinking water brand, has raised ₹5 crores in pre-seed funding at a valuation of ₹52 crores. 

With this funding, Wahter aims to expand its distribution network, optimize its production processes, and further innovate its advertising-driven revenue model. The company plans to increase the number of carts, strollers, and kiosks to cover more high-traffic areas, thereby providing advertisers with a broader demographic to target. 

Additionally, Wahter will invest in advanced technology to streamline operations, improve logistics, and ensure the highest quality of bottled water. Wahter also intends to strengthen its team by increasing its headcount, enabling it to execute its expansion plans. 

Read: Alyve Health Secures $5.5 million in Series A Funding Led by Axilor Ventures

Wahter was founded in December 2023 with a mission to provide clean and affordable drinking water while offering an advertising platform for brands. By leveraging the power of advertising, Wahter ensures that consumers can access bottled water for just ₹1 or ₹2. The company claims that its approach involves integrating brand advertisements onto water bottle labels, creating a win-win scenario where advertising investments subsidize the cost of water. 

Wahter has deployed over 100 carts, strollers, and kiosks in high-footfall areas such as metro stations, malls, and public places, ensuring widespread availability of its bottled water. Wahter has partnered with brands like BoAt, Vijay Sales, and ACE Capitals. 

The company was established in 2023 to sell 500-ml bottles of water for as little as Rs 2. Wahter bills marketers between Rs 10 and Rs 20 per bottle, based on the demographic the company has selected. By providing water at an 80 percent disbursement rate, students, marginalized communities, and children are the main targets of Wahter. As per a company statement, “Our bottles, comprising approximately 80 per cent of your canvas, serve as moving billboards for brand advertisements. The remaining 20 per cent proudly showcases our identity, symbolizing a commitment to redefining affordability and transparency.”

Related Stories

No stories found.
logo
Outlook Business & Money
business.outlookindia.com